Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally something a little crafty!

Wanted to share some cricuting fun for the evening.

I am making some car decals for my friend Robyn's daughter. She is going to be a mascot next year. I have yet to share with Robyn that I have an irrational fear of people in animal costumes. I really like her daughter, but if she comes near me in that costume I will run away while screaming like a little girl.Here I am fighting with Adobe illustrator as usual. It gets a little easier everyday, but it still hates me. Don't judge me based on my hair, it's been a long weekend - and if you read the previous post you know that my hair had a hard time.


I created the file in illustrator and then loaded it into my cricut program - Sure Cuts A Lot. First I cut out a "proof" of sorts - out of black card stock.

Here is what the sticker will eventually look like.

Finally an almost "cub" green vinyl.

I have a really good helper who spent many years applying decals to cars and trucks. He is really good with an exacto knife.

Almost finished! I am too lazy to rotate this picture.



Here is the finished product - through transfer tape unfortunately. I will try and get a picture when it is actually on the car. It looks like two different color background because the different vinyls have different backings. The vinyl comes off of the backing and it will all look the same.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with Justin's crafting abilities. Did you threaten him?? Your cricut skills are flippin' sweet!

    ReplyDelete