Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Well.. here it is!

My name is Shelby and I am a blog lurker. You know all those hits you get on your site meter and wonder where they came from because there are no comments? Yep, it was me. Not just one a day either - 2,3, sometimes 7. I can't help it.

I won't kid myself and say I'll give it up, so here is my repentance. I've gone and done it.. started my own blog. I even (gasp) designed my own (double gasp) header. My illustrator skills do not yet encompass entire layouts, but maybe I will get there someday.

I long debated over what my blog should be about... I went through all the usual topics:
Children - don't have those. Cooking advice - open freezer, remove desired entree, place in microwave... Reality TV - boo to jason, yes to melissa. The elimination of these topics left few choices, so I have thus settled on talking about my lifelong obsession with being CRAFTY.

I am not creative, nor artistic. I cannot draw, paint, photograph or otherwise create art. Therefore I have filled this void with acquiring and refinishing ridiculous amounts of furniture, scrapbooking profusely, painting any wall in my reach, making picture frames, and even a small stint attempting to make my own clothing. This has all led to my newest obession. MY CRICUT.
I can cut paper, vinyl, cardboard, fabric and all sorts of things. The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to learn how to really use it! In the meantime I am learning how to use Adobe Illustrator , and downloading an obscene amount of fonts. I plan to post my Cricut creations here on the handle 'ole blog, as well as a few boring day to day entries. Stay tuned!

Oh, and nobody likes a lurker!

1 comment:

  1. LOL OK so I found your blog from my sitemeter! haha I look forward to following along... and I won't lurk. Much! Nice to "meet" you! :)

    ReplyDelete