Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I wish I had gotten Justin a really great gift for his birthday tomorrow.

I hate it when people have blogs and the don't update in forever and then they have a new post talking about how busy they have been. I refuse to partake in this annoying activity. I will, however, inform you that during my absence from blogging I have not had loads of free time.

Remember how I said that adobe illustrator hates me? This has not changed during my time away where I have not had much free time. I'm pretty sure that adobe illustrator spends all of its free time plotting new ways to get on my nerves. Why is it that I learn how to do something and get it to work really well, and then the next time I try to do that it doesn't work!?!

Well, here's what I've been up to lately.
Another lady at work is working on a "Cubs/Sports" themed bathroom for her three boys. I saw these quotes somewhere and decided to use them. I wanted them to look distressedish so i downloaded this font. I think they turned out really cool. They look very boy-sportish. I spent forever getting the little basketball man to look right. I had to DRAW his basketball. That's right, I'm learning to operate my wacom tablet. I also made some quotes for her, but I can't take a picture of them until they're on the wall.

I think this is my favorite one so far. It's about 24 inches x 24 inches. I downloaded a font called ornamental frames and picked my favorite one. I opened it up in Photoshop (which doesn't hate me near as much) and messed with it until it looked how I wanted it. Unfortunately the wall where I wanted this has a really cool sand texture on it. This thing was not fun to hang. Luckily my husband still likes me.Today (my birthday) I went and hung out with my friend Robyn with hopes of swimming. It was cloudy and gross all day so I ended up cricutting. Robyn is a pretty cool mom who took her daughter to Paris for NINE DAYS! Since then her daughter has had a love for all things French. I made this Eiffel tower for her a long time ago and just now got it cut out out. It ended up almost four feet tall! It looks so cute in her room! C'est la vie means this is life, and J'adore Paris means I love Paris. The vinyl is actually grey but it looks white here. Her walls a really dark red and really pretty. I am working on a vintage looking chandelier to hang over her bed.

I also did a quote for my most favorite friend Karla's daughter's wall. She just painted her room princess pink and it is precious. I will have to get a picture of it.

Well, I think that's all for the evening. I am counting down the seconds until summer is here. I knew the end of the year was going to be really busy, but I didn't quite realize HOW busy it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment