Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

HUMMUS AMONGUS!

Today I wanted Hummus. Like really, really wanted hummus. The only store in town that has said hummus is HEB, and it is not good. I figured it couldn't be too difficult to make my own and according to the recipe I found online, the only ingredient I was lacking was Tahini. According to the website, Tahini (sesame seed paste) is readily available at nearly all major grocery stores. I guess they forgot to add the.. unless you like in Brenham, Tx clause to that. There was no Tahini to be found at HEB or Wal-mart. I really wanted Hummus - really, really wanted hummus. I looked up a Tahini recipe via my i-phone at walmart and bought the necessary 4 cups of sesame seeds to make it. I ended up with enough Tahini to make approximately 40 batches of Hummus. It's a good things I really, really, like it.


According to my scale this morning, I have lost exactly 30.0 pounds. That is crazy to even think about! I have changed my eating habits so drastically that I felt the need to post pictures of a usual dinner!
If you read MckMama's blog, you know she calls this woodland creature food. I call it world's best dinner. I heart woodland creature food. I also think laughing cow cheese is the best thing ever. I have to wedges to eat on crackers, babybel light to take with me for lunch, and those tiny foil wrapped cubes that are completely delicious and only 25 calories! I pretty much dipped all of this in hummus. Well, except for the blackberries. Ok, maybe I just tried it out.

I forgot to talk about this in the last post. I made this for my sister as a house warming gift. I also ordered some pink vinyl! Woo! Pretty big excitement!

2 comments:

  1. 30 lbs?! That's awesome! Way to go!!! I'm gettin there...although I need to move to more woodland creature food than I currently eat. How did your hummus turn out? Did you use MckMama's recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the bloggage Shelby Lou!
    K

    ReplyDelete