Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogs (and websites) I Stalk

Etsy
The handmade & vintage version of e-bay. I have been working on getting my online store setup here. They have the cutest kids'/baby clothes I have ever seen in my life. There is also some jewelry that I regularly drool over. I suggest you wander over when you have an hour or so to kill and see how talented and creative people can be.

MckMama
I have no idea how I started reading this blog. Mckmama (Jennifer) has 4 kids that are extremely close in age. Her youngest son, Stellan, was diagnosed with SVT (a heart condition where your heart beats extremely fast) in utero. Doctors did not think he would survive, but he was born healthy. His SVT returned shortly after and he nearly lost his battle. 2 last-ditch surgeries (ablations) were done on his heart, but doctors did not think they would work. The second one was completely successful and Stellan has been completely healthy since then.

Once again, I started reading to keep up with Stellan - but after reading past posts I was totally hooked. I am such a hippie and I really enjoy reading about other people who are in to natural living/sustainable resources and such. She also is a photographer and has some cool photoshop and camera how to's.

Kelly's Korner
I originally found this blog through Mckmama's blog... I think. Kelly was expecting a totally healthy, full term baby, and Harper was born with severe respiratory issues. She wasn't expected to make it, but came out totally fine. I started reading this to keep up with Harper's health, but got totally addicted. Kelly seems so sweet and has really cute recipe and decorating ideas - plus Harper is adorable!

Jonah
Baby Jonah has a genetic skin condition called EB. Anytime anything causes friction against his skin he gets a painful blister. I had no idea this disease even existed, and I really feel for this family. There is little to no research on EB so I hope her blog starts to get the word out about it. No child deserves to be sick!

Woot
I love Woot! They have a "daily deal" every day - usually electronicsesque - that is priced very cheap. Sometimes they have a "woot-off" where they put up a new item everytime an old item sells out - usually very quickly. If you are really lucky you can score a bag-of-crap. These sell out within seconds and usually crash the website. They have been known to include HD TV's, DVD players, laptops, etc..

Bakerella
I found this site from Aleesa. Everything looks delicious.. maybe someday I will actually attempt to make something from there.

Dooce
HILARIOUS! If you don't mind a little foul language and insensitive humor this site is for you. It's a pseudo "mommy blog" but has other stuff too. She now has two books out and writes about all sorts of crazy stuff. Check this one out for sure!

Perez

Anybody who knows me knows how obsessed I am with pop culture. Most of my vast knowledge base comes from Perez Hilton - the best trashy celebrity gossip site there is!

I'm sure I forgot LOTS - and of course I read lots of friend's blogs as well, but I didn't want to leave anybody out. Let me know if you have a blog or website that you check constantly, I'm sure I would add it to my list!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment